Hatton: Manny is mine Floyd

December 14, 2008 ·


By ALI MARTIN


RICKY HATTON is adamant he is next in line to take on Manny Pacquiao.
The Hitman believes he has earned the right to face the world’s best pound-for-pound boxer following his victories over Juan Lazcano and Paulie Malignaggi
But lurking in the shadows is Floyd Mayweather Jr, with rumours circulating about the undefeated welterweight’s return from retirement.
Hatton, 31, would not be impressed, however, should the man he lost to a year ago jump the queue.
He said: “Now he’s beaten Oscar De La Hoya, I’d love Manny Pacquiao to come down and fight me.
“He’s the best in the world right now and I’m unbelievably confident a showdown can be arranged.
“I’m not surprised Floyd is considering a return — but I’d be disappointed if he got in ahead of me.
“I’ve put the hard work in and would like to get the chance to take on Manny.
“If I win that fight, then I could strike a deal for a rematch with Mayweather. But that’s some way down the line.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe for Free

Subscribe to BOXING UNLIMITED by Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribers

SHOUT OUT

SHOUT OUT
Create a Meebo Chat Room
web design company
software.

Online Users

Followers