FEAR NOT RECAH, ROACH IS FOCUSED!

October 16, 2008 ·


PhilBoxing.com







Los Angeles, CA: I just came from the Wildcard Gym to watch the training of Manny Pacquiao. I am glad to report that all is well at the training camp!

For that reason, I beg to disagree with my good friend, Recah Trinidad who expressed his concerns about the directions Roach has taken in so far as the training of Pacquiao is concerned.

I do not necessarily disagree with Recah’s comment regarding the “role as a lead salesman” of the Dream Match that Roach has allegedly taken. After all, that is the function of the promoters. However, there is absolutely nothing wrong with Roach trying his best to help drive up the hype for as long as it does not neglect his lead role as a trainer.

And, I know he does not.

The toy gun and “can’t pull the trigger” as well as the taping of Oscar’s photo on the front side of Roach’s body protector should be taken for what they are worth. Nothing but to drive up the hype. More importantly, they are just “feeds” for writers who cover the on going details leading to the event on December 6th.

In fact, if Roach didn’t pull those stunts, we would not be discussing them now.

Nor do I disagree with what Roach is doing about what Recah has referred to as the “rivalry slug out” with Nacho Beristain. That to me, is also all part of the hype. Read: More PPV.

Recah, nor anyone for that matter, should have no fears that Roach is not fully focused on the tasks at hand. On the contrary, Roach is so focused on everything that concerns the training camp that he even keeps a closed tab on such details as the taping of Pacquiao’s hand. I know for I see it as it happens.

Those of us who are privileged to have access to the gym and watch the training see the many things that occur in the training camp. I only wish I could write about them, particularly the pointers Roach gives to Pacquiao as they go through the punch mitts. I know they surely make good reading. They would also without doubt help allay the concerns of Recah .However, they could benefit the opposite camp as well. Something I would not like to happen.

And, I can’t violate the trust the Team has given me in allowing me to be amongst the few that are allowed to witness the training.

Suffice it to say, Roach and the whole Team for that matter are focused on what they are supposed to do. No more and no less.

So, to Recah, I say: - All is well at the training camp. Fear not my friend, Roach is focused on the tasks ahead!

Top photo: Roach (L) doing mitts with Pacquiao at the Wildcard Gym today.


Rashad Holloway.


Pacquiao shadow-boxing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe for Free

Subscribe to BOXING UNLIMITED by Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribers

SHOUT OUT

SHOUT OUT
Create a Meebo Chat Room
web design company
software.

Online Users

Followers